What’s the best way to get what you want in your business or personal life?
How can you bring more money into your business?
What’s the number one avenue to being successful in any endeavor?
How can you absolutely guarantee better results?
The secret is no secret. You ask for what you want. Sounds simple, right? Not always, I know. Let’s break that down.
Why does asking make you nervous? Here are the top two reasons.
1. You may get a no. No one likes no’s and I get a lot. I bet you do too, if you are asking on a regular basis. But with those no’s come some beautiful yeses that make up for it all. No’s don’t hurt nearly as much as you think they will. It’s also the only way to get to a yes. There’s that.
2. We don’t like to feel nervous or scared. Repeat this as often as is necessary. It’s normal to feel nervous or scared. And it’s okay. My proudest moments are when I push past those feelings and take the action, no matter what the outcome.
What can you do to overcome that fear?
1. Be very clear on what you want to ask for. Write it down. Write a complete script. Write the reasons out as to why it's a good thing for the person you are asking to do and how it benefits them.
2. Build up that self-confidence! You need to believe in yourself and know your true worth for others to see and feel that as well.
If your self-confidence isn’t where you want it to be, head on over here and order my Transform Your Life With Massive Self-Confidence recorded webinar series. It’s only $59 and has my best tools for raising your self-confidence sky high plus three recordings and three accompanying Power Points.
3. Don’t take anything personally. A favorite book of mine is The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. The second of his four agreements is Don’t Take Anything Personally. I keep the book close by. Really. The subtitle is A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom and it offers just that. As the book reminds us, nothing others do is because of you.